A great looking bike from David that shows off our Semi Production Seat with a Raised Flame Stitch as well as our Front Wrap Around Fender. Bike looks great David!
Custom Seat for a Breast Cancer Awareness Tribute Softail Deluxe - Americade 2013 Best of Show Winner
We love to do projects for a great cause and this is one that hits home for Bitchin Seats as many of our employes have been very close to this cause. This has was also big for the owner of Bitchin Seats (Bitchin Rich) as his mother is a strong breast cancer survivor. Read below to find out more about this bike.
From Peg in Massachusetts:
The 2008 Harley Softail Deluxe started out candy apple red and is my first bike. But after two years of riding I was mesmerized by all the beautiful custom bikes out there, and I wanted to do something to make mine unique. I had been getting involved with the breast and ovarian cancer fundraising charity ride Mothers-For-Daughters.com and my eyes were opened to how many people - both men and women - who have had their lives affected by these cancers. I wanted my bike to be a tribute to them while raising awareness of these diseases.
This month's bike feature is unique, special, and something that will make you realize how awesome our "Biker Family" truly is. Read below to have a little insight on someone who makes our world a better place!
When I first lost my arm and leg to an IED blast while serving in the Marine Corps, I figured riding a motorcycle was never going to happen. A year or so after my injury I decided I might as well give it a try thinking “what’s the worst that could happen?” I borrowed a friend’s Sportster as a proof of concept and installed an EFM Auto Clutch, which was just enough for me to ride. After a bunch of practice I was confident in my riding abilities and decided to get my own bike.
From a very valued customer over in Norway
Hey,here are some pictures of my bike... How is life over there?? Im so happy with my bike and especially with my seat...Ill let everybody know about your company and seats, so i know you guys will be making seats for some of my Rocker buddies from Norway in near future!!
Seat Shown: Custom Rocker Solo featuring a Black Bull Hide Insert and a Smooth Black Leather Outer Band
Customer Mike Mantha brought this bike out from Texas to have us build a custom rear seat system for his Keystone. There is limited parts available for this popular discontinued motorcycle. We at BSC get calls weekly regarding this particular problem of the discontinuation of the seat and sissy bars.
Thanks to Mike we now have a mold and fixturing to recreate seats and sissy bars for this model. No need to ship your bike to us in California, we can now build you any version of a sissy bar and seat combo that can be dreamed up. Description of seat styles below.
1. One Piece King and Queen seats with tall or short sissy bars. Bars can be pointed, rounded or square shaped as in this model. The King and Queen seat would the optimum seat for style and comfort on this chopper.
2. This is a version of the two piece king and queen with lumbar. It has a medium height sissy bar in a squared original Thunder Mountain shape. This bar originally was designed for a one piece two up seat that sat down on to the paint. We modified the design similar to the Heartland rear seat systems so that the seat and sissy bar can be attached together and as a full assembly, then mount to the Heartland struts that are stock on this model bike. It also can be removed easily. One of the other key reasons people like this system is for the fact that the seat never touches the paint on the fender, lessoning the probability of scratching.
3. The three piece seat system is also an option for look and convenience. Solo drivers seat, pillion pad and separate back pad.
You call it we can make it.
From custom bike accessories, wheels, sissy bars to exotic seats.
This project started off with Doug wanting to remove the Danny Gay solo seat and replace it with our Famous Accordion Solo Seat. After a few conversations on the phone and some emails Doug decided to ship his whole bike out to us from Mississippi for more than a just a custom seat build. Below are the project specifics that we did for him.
1. Custom Stage 2 solo Accordion Seat equipped with Bull Hide Center Insert,Italian Leather Band, Flame Overlays, and Custom Sissy Bar mods.
2. Progressive Shocks 422 Series. For a 1 inch lowering at the rear of the bike (modification needed for a stage two seat).
3. Custom Sissy Bar modification. Modified and welded BSC Custom Softail Struts to customers Sissy Bar, metal finished and chromed.
4. BSC, PM wheels and Brake Conversion. 21 x 3.5 Front Wheel with 13” Rotor and 6 Piston Caliper. 120-70-21 Metzler. On the rear a 18 x 8.5 wheel, 260mm Metzler and 4 Piston Caliper.
5. BSC Rocker Front End Conversion. HHI Mid Glide 3 degree 49mm Trees, BSC Mid Glide Axle Kit, Patriot Suspension Spring Kit.
6. BSC Wide 180 Degree Wrap Around Front Fender completed with Matching Paint
From Russell from Essex, United Kingdom
Just a short note to confirm that the seat arrived in pristine condition and was installed in 20 mins without a single glitch or issue.
This may be something to consider if you are a V Rod owner and looking for a spring project... A few of our customers have done this fender change on their standard V Rods and Laurent from France did this as well. He has a V Rod Night Rod and made the change to a Muscle fender. The bike turned out great, Laurent. Well done!
BSC custom built the seat in our facility without needing a demo bike for fitment. This seat fits the tank of the V Rod Night Rod as well as the new V Rod Muscle fender.
We are not even half way through the year and we are putting it out there... it is officially The Year of The V Rod's. We cannot believe the amount of traffic all the V Rods are bringing and once again... another V Rod owner is pleased to say the least. In this blog category "Another Happy Customer", we will periodically put reviews up from our customers. You guys make our job easy and well, well worth all the late night and weekend hours we do. Keep it coming cause we love the feedback.
Fred - Liberty, Missouri