When setting out to do something completely different you must sometimes take the road less traveled. In the case of the Tmax the equivalent was that of walking on Mars. There was nothing easy about this project. No guidelines, no magazines, nor pages of internet content to help guide crucial design decisions. There was no one to call on the I phone or be inspired by. There really was nothing but our own thoughts and inspirations. From Surf scooter to boy racer and back again the pendulum swung. In the end the racer fought its way to the front of our consciousness to overcome the awkward and strange flow of the naked machine. The finished product appeals to the rider in us.
After enjoying the challenge of building a Hyper Modified Vmax against Ludovic Lazareth and Marcus Walz we decided to give it another shot....this time with the TMAX! Watch our vid below and let us know what you think.
This Bike of The Month is probably a bit different from the bikes you see all the time. The build that RSD did was very cool and we were stoked to be apart of it. The custom seat we built is a hand crafted two piece set up that follows the sleek and modern lines that RSD designed for this Yamaha. The seat features a pleated pattern that was all hand sewn and a cognac brown leather chosen by RSD.
From Roland Sands Designs - to see more check out the RSD Blog
For more information on the entire project, please visit Yamaha TMAX Hyper Modified.
This is a Custom V Rod Muscle Wifebeater Seat featuring a cover in All Smooth Black Leather. Cicero, your bike looks great! Enjoy your new seat and let us know if you need anything else.
Custom Seat for a Breast Cancer Awareness Tribute Softail Deluxe - Americade 2013 Best of Show Winner
We love to do projects for a great cause and this is one that hits home for Bitchin Seats as many of our employes have been very close to this cause. This has was also big for the owner of Bitchin Seats (Bitchin Rich) as his mother is a strong breast cancer survivor. Read below to find out more about this bike.
From Peg in Massachusetts:
The 2008 Harley Softail Deluxe started out candy apple red and is my first bike. But after two years of riding I was mesmerized by all the beautiful custom bikes out there, and I wanted to do something to make mine unique. I had been getting involved with the breast and ovarian cancer fundraising charity ride Mothers-For-Daughters.com and my eyes were opened to how many people - both men and women - who have had their lives affected by these cancers. I wanted my bike to be a tribute to them while raising awareness of these diseases.
This month's bike feature is unique, special, and something that will make you realize how awesome our "Biker Family" truly is. Read below to have a little insight on someone who makes our world a better place!
When I first lost my arm and leg to an IED blast while serving in the Marine Corps, I figured riding a motorcycle was never going to happen. A year or so after my injury I decided I might as well give it a try thinking “what’s the worst that could happen?” I borrowed a friend’s Sportster as a proof of concept and installed an EFM Auto Clutch, which was just enough for me to ride. After a bunch of practice I was confident in my riding abilities and decided to get my own bike.
Check out the video below before installing your V-Rod Muscle Seat with A Frame Hinge System
From a very valued customer over in Norway
Hey,here are some pictures of my bike... How is life over there?? Im so happy with my bike and especially with my seat...Ill let everybody know about your company and seats, so i know you guys will be making seats for some of my Rocker buddies from Norway in near future!!
Seat Shown: Custom Rocker Solo featuring a Black Bull Hide Insert and a Smooth Black Leather Outer Band
Customer Mike Mantha brought this bike out from Texas to have us build a custom rear seat system for his Keystone. There is limited parts available for this popular discontinued motorcycle. We at BSC get calls weekly regarding this particular problem of the discontinuation of the seat and sissy bars.
Thanks to Mike we now have a mold and fixturing to recreate seats and sissy bars for this model. No need to ship your bike to us in California, we can now build you any version of a sissy bar and seat combo that can be dreamed up. Description of seat styles below.
1. One Piece King and Queen seats with tall or short sissy bars. Bars can be pointed, rounded or square shaped as in this model. The King and Queen seat would the optimum seat for style and comfort on this chopper.
2. This is a version of the two piece king and queen with lumbar. It has a medium height sissy bar in a squared original Thunder Mountain shape. This bar originally was designed for a one piece two up seat that sat down on to the paint. We modified the design similar to the Heartland rear seat systems so that the seat and sissy bar can be attached together and as a full assembly, then mount to the Heartland struts that are stock on this model bike. It also can be removed easily. One of the other key reasons people like this system is for the fact that the seat never touches the paint on the fender, lessoning the probability of scratching.
3. The three piece seat system is also an option for look and convenience. Solo drivers seat, pillion pad and separate back pad.
You call it we can make it.
From custom bike accessories, wheels, sissy bars to exotic seats.
This project started off with Doug wanting to remove the Danny Gay solo seat and replace it with our Famous Accordion Solo Seat. After a few conversations on the phone and some emails Doug decided to ship his whole bike out to us from Mississippi for more than a just a custom seat build. Below are the project specifics that we did for him.
1. Custom Stage 2 solo Accordion Seat equipped with Bull Hide Center Insert,Italian Leather Band, Flame Overlays, and Custom Sissy Bar mods.
2. Progressive Shocks 422 Series. For a 1 inch lowering at the rear of the bike (modification needed for a stage two seat).
3. Custom Sissy Bar modification. Modified and welded BSC Custom Softail Struts to customers Sissy Bar, metal finished and chromed.
4. BSC, PM wheels and Brake Conversion. 21 x 3.5 Front Wheel with 13” Rotor and 6 Piston Caliper. 120-70-21 Metzler. On the rear a 18 x 8.5 wheel, 260mm Metzler and 4 Piston Caliper.
5. BSC Rocker Front End Conversion. HHI Mid Glide 3 degree 49mm Trees, BSC Mid Glide Axle Kit, Patriot Suspension Spring Kit.
6. BSC Wide 180 Degree Wrap Around Front Fender completed with Matching Paint
This may be something to consider if you are a V Rod owner and looking for a spring project... A few of our customers have done this fender change on their standard V Rods and Laurent from France did this as well. He has a V Rod Night Rod and made the change to a Muscle fender. The bike turned out great, Laurent. Well done!
BSC custom built the seat in our facility without needing a demo bike for fitment. This seat fits the tank of the V Rod Night Rod as well as the new V Rod Muscle fender.
Another great project from RSD...
RSD brought a bike to us to craft a seat for a custom build for they were doing for Mickey Rourke. It was a 2005 Softail completely striped down and came together like a piece of an art work. It turned out absolutely incredible and of course it was topped off with one of our "Bitchin" seats. This is one of those bikes that you will find something new every time you look at it. All the details just shows what talent The RSD Team has. Thanks for getting us in on this guys, it was (once again) a great project to be apart of!
This seat features our clean pleating design that give a great throw back style to the seat. We got this seat as low as possible to complement the clean lines of the bike.
Check Out More On RSD's Blog